View Single Post
Unread 09/27/2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Leonardo_
TRC

Leonardo's Formosa Forest

I promised some members of RC to start a thread about my tank, and because I want to keep my promise, here it is

General info:
The aquarium is a custom build rimless all glass tank, measuring 32” x 32” x 21”. The total system incl. Sump is 100 Gallon in volume. The overflow is centered in the back of the tank.

Lighting:
I use 2 Aqua-Connect 250 watt HQI bulbs combined with 2 Aqua-Science blue 22000 K T5 and 2 Giesseman aquablue+ T5. The total light is 500 Watt HQI and 96 Watt T5.

Watercirculation (flow):
The flow is provided by 2 Tunze 6100 pumps, pulsing 30-50% every 15 seconds, creating a random flow throughout the tank. I the back I have placed a Tunze 6025 NanoStream, that I modded. It prevents the accumulation of detrius behind the central rock. The large returnpump also creates a good amount of flow.

Other equipment:
The skimmer that I use in this tank is a MTT1 Venturi skimmer (ATI-Twister clone, but with venturi)
I have DIY a Phosphate reactor that is placed in the sump. I always use a small amount of GFO, to make sure the Phosphates remain unmeasurable.

Livestock:

1 Acanthurus Coeruleus
1 Acanthurus Triostegus
1 Zebrasoma Flavescens
1 Salarias Fasciatus
9 Apogon Leptacanthus

Acropora;

Acropora Formosa
Acropora Microphthalma
Acropora Hoeksemai
Acropora Yongei
Acropora Nobilis