View Single Post
Unread 07/18/2018, 06:00 AM   #27
homer1475
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve175 View Post
I own the Hanna checkers. They are gathering dust. I am a chemical engineer. I have, over the years, tried most brands (although admittedly not Nyos). I mostly check Alk and have always ended back at Salifert. The others are monthly: Ca (Salifert), Mg (Salifert), PO4 (Red Sea) and NO3 (Red Sea). I will sell you my Hanna checkers for cheap. . . make sure you pick up some DI water and be careful with the tiny powder packets. . . and, for goodness sakes, don't sneeze or put fingerprints on the vials. . . and whatever you do, don't run the test twice or you won't know which result to act upon. . . my $0.02. . .

I use salifert and Hanna for ALK just to cross reference. Every time Hanna comes up the same number as salifert. My issue with salifert is your judging a color change which can lead to inaccuracy as we all see color differently.

Also show me where a salifert PO4 test can measure down to .001. The Hanna ULR PO4 checker is the gold standard in the hobby for PO4 at the super low ranges we try to keep. Yes there are some quirks with the Hanna meters(no fingerprints on the vials, use the same vial to 0 and test even though they supply 2), but they are very accurate is used correctly.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote