View Single Post
Unread 02/20/2013, 11:00 PM   #15
jacobzking
Registered Member

I picked her up in the water yesterday and tried to force her to swim. She didnt resist me moving her (I was gentle) but when I set her down she convulsed violently for a minute (after being set down, not an attempt to escape), almost catatonic. She still isn't swimming, she sort of moves around on the sand bottom in a snake like slither. She won't respond to food.

Earlier today I found her laying on her side, body was very stiff and strained. Shortly after my wife (heathercking) found her upside down on the substrate. The shark, Taffy, seemed like she was trying to get right side up, but couldn't (either didn't have the energy to or was to out of it to know how).

I've seen her sort of "convulse" several times.

PLEASE feel free to call me if you have a moment. 469-348-3171 I'll be up well past 1am CST. This is really taking a toll on me as well, I've been almost sleepless the last 6 days worrying about her. Reading as much as I can, constantly changing small amounts of water. Calling aquariums and vets for advice... and I'm just not getting answers that help me (or Taffy).

She just happen to roll over and show me her belly right now and it looks pretty bad. Normally her belly gets a little red at night but this looks worse than normal. HELP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWkYV1ESJM

the video makes the belly look way wore than it really does, its not quite as bad as it looks in the vid.

Last edited by jacobzking; 02/20/2013 at 11:17 PM.
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote