nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon1979 View Post
Following
Dragon1979 - Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm5406 View Post
So did you get any work done this past weekend??

Cant slow down on this you have to keep moving forward.
worm5406 - Larry stop being funny. We (including you) were out framing a workout room this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom39 View Post
I agree with worm5406, what progress if any were you able to make this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tom39 - Tom welcome aboard...that goes for you too...lol. We (including you) were out framing a workout room this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPuff View Post
Those are nice dimensions for the tank. Looking forward to seeing this progress. Don't be surprised how much time you spend looking in through the sides of your tank in the fish room. :0)
McPuff - Welcome aboard. Part of the reason I ended up getting Starphire on the end and the back was because I knew how much time I would spend looking through the tank. I like taking pictures as well so I am expecting to get some great shots through the clear glass. On my old tank that was in the wall like this one I spent a lot of time looking at the corals from the end of the tank also.

03/17/2017
I found out I don't have to change my stand design. Derek at Miracles signed off on the design which is great. I sent the stand design off to a local company the same day to see if they could do the project.

I also realized I had not posted the schematics for the tank. The main display area is roughly 73.75" x 40" x 26". The other area if my overflow section. I plan on using a Herbie Overflow setup. Bulkheads will be provided by Miracles as well.

03/18/2017
No progress was made in the fish room. Saturday I spent the day with some buddies (worm5406 - (Larry), Tom39 - (Tom), and RJT - (Richard) framing out a workout room and running electric for Richard. I did however do a 30 gal water change on my temp set up to try to fight some nitrate issues.

03/20/2017
Today I spoke to Chuck over at Capitol Heights Iron Works and they will be making my tank stand to my specifications. It's something exciting about designing something and then having it built. As they make progress I will post some pictures. Hopefully the end product turns out like I envision it in my mind. I am I am debating if I should get it power coated or not. If I don't powder coat it I have seen a few things people use to protect the metal. I did my down payment today so once the material arrives he said it will be about 3 weeks to complete. Things are slowly coming together .