View Single Post
Unread 11/07/2017, 10:49 PM   #10
Frogmanx82
Registered Member

I just won't go with a whole house filter after seeing what happened to my ice maker/water dispenser on my fridge when I had to bypass the filter due to a leak. All kinds of stuff started coming out and realised it was the slime coating on the lines that was getting killed by the chlorine.

I can tell you too that I quit using filtered water in my dogs dish because without chlorine it gets nasty, same with hummingbird feeders. I can't imagine what toilets would look like without chlorinated water. You must have to add something in the tank to keep it from being an issue. There is a reason they put chlorine in the water in the first place. Its got issues too but at least sanitation isn't one of them. I can't believe once a month is sufficient to flush the lines and it would seem a pain in the butt to have to open every line and flush all the toilets. Do you flush the hot water heater too or do you just have to keep it hot enough to be sterile?

Like I said, I'm not a fan of whole house filters.

Natural reef, no chlorine in 9 years except for every month. Hmm, hardly no chlorine.

Check my homepage for tank pics and details.

Current Tank Info: 90 gallon, 2x maxspect R420R LED, 4 Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, Flame Angel, Foxface Rabbitfish, Banggai Cardinals, Azure Damsel, rock flower anemone, cleaner shrimp, serpent star
Frogmanx82 is offline   Reply With Quote