View Single Post
Unread 08/17/2016, 06:21 AM   #3951
jason2459
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by africangrey View Post
people have been experimenting with bleach method after the metroplex failure, just google dinoflagellae and metroplex you will find the formula to use. It's easy and quick way to get rid of dino with minimum effect on the inhabitants.

The formula is 0.003/x% of chlorine=mL of bleach/gal.

DNA my dino practically work from the tips of acro's tips then eventually engulf the whole colony til RTN,
Well, hold on there. I had, as well as others, quite impressive results with metronidazole. It seems like you are following that thread over there so you can also find my results there in that thread and in a separate one I documented more details and summaries in this thread.

The bleach is still experimental. You didn't mention how many days is needed. We don't know exactly. Bleach also had some fish deaths. To the person experimenting fish death was an acceptable loss. So, yes it seems so far to be effective but we don't know if it is also truly 100% effective (I have my doubts), if it effects more then just what we want to target (we know if doesnt but dont know to what extent at the micro level), and is certainly more dangerous to overdose.

I am hesitant to try that method out due to the risk factors. Fish are what I care about most in my tank, next my anemones and the tiniest things you can look at. We know it's possible effects on fish but not on anemones or other small organisms.

You can check out my parameters at reeftronics dot net website and look for my username.

Current Tank Info: 180g mixed reef w/ a beananimal overflow to a dolomite RRUGF. | 20g long G. Smithii Mantis Tank
jason2459 is offline   Reply With Quote