View Single Post
Unread 06/10/2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Taqpol
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonic View Post
Awesome start for the new build. After seeing your last one, I am sure this one will be just as exciting. What are your plans for a sump? I am setting up one as well, just not as pretty. Our equipment is almost identical, I just cant seem to take the plunge into LED's just yet. Maybe your build will talk me into it.
Ask and ye shall receive!

This is a model, with the front pane missing, that I made in sketchup. I am trying my hand at acrylic fabrication and this thing will be made out of 3/8" cell cast acrylic. The chamber in the back is basically a really long bubble tower. All of my overflow pipes and skimmer outlet will enter this as close to the lefthand side so water will have to travel all the way to the right hand side of the trap before flowing to the skimmer. Next is the skimmer section, followed by an under - over - under baffle system which makes more sense to me then what i had last time. Lastly, oversized return section.

I am actually in the process of gluing all this together now and I'll take a lot of pictures of the progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvz View Post
Looks like fun. But in my opinion, you're making too much progress.
Haha, in my defense all the pictures above were taken over a two week process, I was just too tired every night to actually make a post about them. I am pushing myself a little bit, but there is a reason. I leave this Tuesday to go back to Washington and get married! Immediately after that we will leave for our honeymoon in Bora Bora (I'm sure I'll take lots of pictures, both above and below water!). My goal is to get this tank running in such a way (flow, heat, plumbing, sump, maybe internet APEX so I can check it while I'm away) so that all the rock I had shipped over from Washington can be re-curing while I'm gone. That way the moment I get back I can take my fish and corals off the hands of the lady who has been nice enough to care for them this entire time!

-Alex
Taqpol is offline   Reply With Quote