View Single Post
Unread 04/21/2014, 03:00 PM   #1264
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrush View Post
How hot does your unit get? Do all the fans turn on over the T5s? Mine is extremely hot and only 1 fan works. Do you think this is a problem? I was planning on putting it in a canopy over my next tank but now I'm concerned about the heat.
The fans over the T5's should turn on ALL at the SAME time when the T5 tubes are on. If you only have 1 fan working it means the others are faulty/stuck etc. Ensure the fans can spin freely...sometimes during shipping the fan covers can get pushed down causing the fans to get stuck.

The fans over the LED, will switch on depending on temp of unit. Mine comes on when the unit reaches around 48'C. I have 8 tubes and at PEAK times I run the Royal Blue at 100%, White at 25% and Blue at 25%; the temp hasnt so far reached 50'C as I tend to glance at the controller when I am near the tank. My living room runs 26-28'C all year round as it is a modern flat. If I were in a colder location my unit would have run slightly cooler.

I would definitely contact ATI Support/your retailer.

The units do have a safety protection built in and will decrease or switch power off if it overheats.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote