View Single Post
Unread 04/23/2014, 11:38 AM   #1273
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammie View Post
I'm presently running 3 MH lights which put out as we all know a little bit of heat so I have the Apex programmed to shut the lights down if the tank temp reaches a certain temperature. To me it looks like the ATI 2615, having it's own controller, is not able to accominidate this function? Any way to do this? If the powermodule is plugged into an Apex outlet that is constantly on unless it shuts the outlet down due to temperature do you lose all the programming of the ATI unit?
You will not lose the programming. However you will lose the time on the unit. It is possible to connect this way as I have mine connected to my GHL.

However, the heat issue that you have with using Metal Halides and an ATI unit is quite different. I doubt the Apex will ever need to shut down the light...a T5/LED unit will produce and transfer MUCH LESS heat.

In the unlikely event say a VERY hot day, and the APEX shuts down the ATI unit, the time will be effected. If you are at home, it takes less than 5 seconds to change it back.

If you are not home (ie on holiday and no one is around to reset the time), it just means the TIME will have changed, and the unit will turn on and off a different time...but will follow the same program. Not a terrible thing.

However, like I said it is UNLIKELY to ever do this since most people NEVER need to run chillers etc due to T5 lights, for Metal Halide yes. So the Apex will likely never shut down the ATI unit.

Hope that makes sense.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote