View Single Post
Unread 07/25/2017, 12:48 PM   #1221
Floyd R Turbo
Either busy or sleeping

I found them, I guess I was looking at the sub-albums and not seeing any pics (or only a few) in those. I neglected to look at the main bucket.

FYI for anyone interested, here is the link: http://s998.photobucket.com/user/ree...?sort=3&page=1

The trick is that PB has really screwed with the login process. So if you happen to be lucky and have an ad-free account, you have to first log into that - which is a tedious process in which you have to mouse-over the "login" button to get the overlay, then it goes away when you try to click on the username filed, repeat a few times until you can get a cursor there and the overlay doesn't go away, then tab (don't click) to the password field, usually after that the overlay drops again, but keeps the info, mouse over again, click login, this does not log you in but instead reloads the page.

Repeat all of the above again to actually log in. If you can do it without the side pop-up ad pushing the entire page to the right in the middle of all of this.

Then once you are in your account and looking at your bucket, replace the URL with the direct link to mr.wilson's bucket in the same window - NOT a new tab (that will log you out, of all tabs) and then hit enter and you will see his bucket.

If you happen to click any link that opens something up in a new window, chance are extremely high that you will end up getting logged out of all tabs.

Now, try to download an album. Supposedly you are supposed to be able to do this, but I haven't been able to make it work. On Chrome and FF I go through the "I'm not a robot" thing as well as the captcha test (which only pops up on Chrome, not FF) and when you go to download, it throws an error "hmmm something went wrong, try it again" but the download button does not do anything, and trying again from scratch = dead download button, usually you have to reload the tab and repeat and it still does not work.

So my guess is they don't want people downloading their stuff and taking it elsewhere, more Photobucket Jail Warden tactics, and my guess is they are intentionally making it difficult to stay logged in thus increasing their pop up ad view and thus revenue.

AFAIK they did not sell but the rumors are that the dropped from 60 employees to 20 recently and then the Paywall issue has doubled their income in the last month...some people are actually paying it.

--> POSTS #3251-64 (Basics), #5206 (Cleaning), #6884 (LEDs), #729
Floyd R Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote