View Single Post
Unread 04/09/2007, 08:11 AM   #14
Slakker
Premium Member

It's a possibility, but I can pick up everything I need (except maybe for the PVC) from wal-mart or petco today in the next couple of hours, and I may have to wait longer to get it from a local. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to any meetings, but have been talking to people on the forum here and there, so I'll send out a call for local help. Great idea

Since my tank is only 12g I'll have to all but drain it to fill the QT, but the LR can deal with freshly mixed water. My clowns are the priority at this point. I'll also be picking up a PH and perhaps another bucket of Instant Ocean so that I can have a constant supply for water changes. I am also considering switching to grocery store RO water for changes...I figure that even if it's poorly maintained, it HAS to be better than the tap water here at school.

I screwed up once already...and now my clowns are potentially suffering because of it. I'm doing things the right way from here on out. While my clowns are in QT, I'll be replacing the sand in my main tank, as well as the carbon, like I probably should have done in the beginning, before any livestock hit the water. Maybe I can get a local reefer to hang onto my inverts in case my tank re-cycles after the sand is replaced.

If all goes well the QT will be up and running before noon.

For the filter, I will want to just run it as it's sold, with all filter media in tact, and if I have to treat with something remove the media, right?

Also, would it be an okay idea to work them down to hypo over the next couple of days?

Oceanic 58RR display/20H sump/fuge thread...follow the red house.

Current Tank Info: Oceanic 58g, 20H sump, AquaC EV-150, 175w Hamilton 14k + 2x39w T5HO Actinics

Last edited by Slakker; 04/09/2007 at 08:22 AM.
Slakker is offline   Reply With Quote