View Single Post
Unread 10/12/2018, 07:41 AM   #267
lovefish77
Registered Member

Hi everyone, i decided to jump it and bump this thread which have been inactive for years. I have been reading and reading on AI sol settings on this and other forums and decided to share something>

I have 2 AI Sols Blue mounted on a classic rail 6" above tank parallel to the front glass. I have been playing with the setting recently and settled on an awkward setting (that is why i was reading a lot on this thread). I realized that in order to get the full spectrum look that is a bit purplish (lacking in the AI Sol) i would try the following setting or a derivatives thereof:

- I have been running my AI Sol on average W ~25 , B ~40 , RB ~ 90 and i left it like this for months.
- Just a week or two back i decided to go with this ratio 1x white, 1x Blue, 5x Royal Blue. So most of the day i have w20%, b20%, rb100%, i start at w15%, b15%, rb75%. I found that this combination is very pleasing to the eyes (at least mine). Overall i have not changed overall intensity just the mix of the different colors if you know what i mean.
I had a couple of sps dying but i think it was because i brought my nitrates down from 40ppm, to almost 0-5ppm over a month or so.

One thing i need to note is that from what i heard coral (sps) colors also depend on a mix of nutrients as well as light. You can blast your light higher (gradually) assuming you have enough nutrients in the tank. So relating color just to light is only covering one dimension I THINK.

Your thoughts are appreciated on this setup everyone

lovefish77 is offline   Reply With Quote