View Single Post
Unread 02/11/2016, 03:59 PM   #4
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankabagnale View Post
Awesome! Is that a Martin?
Yup, thanks. That's my custom D15 spruce/rosewood.

Checking with a structural engineer now whether there's anything I need to do to prepare for 2800 lbs on my floor. I'm guessing I'm going to have to tear open my basement ceiling some more and reinforce the joists. If I'm told I have to put any kind of beam to the floor in then I'll look to put the tank somewhere else.

The other fun issue I'm dealing with is how to move 700 lbs of glass. I decided to get the tank shipped to my house just so I wouldn't have to deal with lifting it off a truck if I picked it up at the depot. Professional movers are an option if only because they carry insurance for this, but with some neighbors and kind folks in the Chicago Reefs forums I think we can move it from the driveway to the first floor office. Hard part is going to be flipping it on its side to get through the door. I'm going to borrow some glass vacuum cups from a local glass shop. I'll also have some dollies and furniture moving straps & pads ready. Trying to cover all bases and be prepared.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote