View Single Post
Unread 09/18/2015, 02:10 PM   #1843
Quiet_Ivy
Registered Member

@bheron Wow, what an ordeal! I'm glad you're making headway finally. I think you are right about excessive cleanliness. I think it leads to low biodiversity, creating an environment where only extremophiles like cyano and dinos can survive. I hypothesize that the few of us with really intractable dinos (Hi DNA!) have something missing or wrong so far down the food chain it's difficult to remediate. Probably not a coincidence that neither of us has access to good real live rock or microfauna kits.

@Cyberdude Congrats on the new baby! Dinos are famous for killing snails. They are the organism responsible for 'red tides' and a lot of shellfish poisoning/killer diarrhea in the wild. I thought I had 'new tank algae' until all my snails died within a week. Stop doing water changes! Add a big bunch of pods if you can.

@Billy Shrimpy will regrow the antenna next moult. Weren't you going to add some hair algae rocks from your girlfriend's tank? Did that work? H2O2 did nothing for me either. I don't think it's worked for anyone in this thread. I've been eyeing my old books on freshwater kilifish too. *rolls eyes*

ivy

Current Tank Info: 28g aio, 105 watt CF lights, no sump or skimmer. 2 sexy shrimp, tiny frogspawn, tiny toadstool, tiny lps. Started Feb '15
Quiet_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote