Dsekula
Registered Member

Good morning!
This mornings readings vs last night
Prior to dosing. After. Next morning
NO3--00 7-9 2
PO4-- 0.15 n/a 0.04

JZinCo,
I am also slowly cherry picking additional fish I completely understand the carfully selecting them.
I keep mostly lps and some soft coral. I also have some Monti frags starting and a clam. I dose kalk and the BRS mangnese mix of magnesium chloride and sulfate (even though it's in tiny amounts compaird to most i started with a daily 10 mg/L calcium dose lol) automatically and just bumped up my dosing to meet demand with growth. I didnt notice any super fluctuations with adding the CaNO3 but since it's day one and I have bumped the ca & mg dosing within the last week I'd consider it too early to tell. My alakinity seems to naturally run in the 8-9 range with a constant pH of 8.3 I've never done anything to purposely adjust this with the whole if it's not broke don't fix it theory. If my calcium starts creeping up reguardless of the reason it would be easy enough to back of dosing kalk.

For most people this probally seems like over kill for this small system since I don't fluctuate enough to auctually move into an unacceptable range between water changes
My goal is to have a thorough understanding of all the processes happening in this system and slowly add volume etc so I'm setting up this base work from the beginning.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Dsekula is offline   Reply With Quote