Thread: 300 DD Build
View Single Post
Unread 03/12/2018, 07:06 PM   #112
Editour2
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer1991 View Post
Plugs a good idea but i dont know where id get one to fit that tiny hole. Ill check around online or at home depot.

I already ordered one pp20 so im stuck with it haha. Ill look into the tunze, but i figure the pp20s are so cheap that if they break, i could go through 3-4 of them and still spend less than i would for one tunze(unless i bought used like you were saying). I dont have an apex but i want to get one at some point. Just a little too expensive for me right now.
Be careful in purchasing used tunxze pumps.....yes they are great pumps but Roger [of Tunze] told me that the motors are only meant to last around 5 years so ask how old they are and purchase accordingly. I was going to buy some used ones and spoke with him prior. I purchased mine new. Jebao can last a year and then just die.....if you purchase from reefbreeders Logan will sell you a replacement motor for around $35....which isn't bad. But in my experience they only last about a year. You get what you pay for.....check out the quiet one pumps.....jebao pricing but a little more powerful, smaller and are supposed to be more reliable.

Current Tank Info: 215 gal DT, 125 gal sump, 40 gal refugium w/ATS, 20 gal frag tank, reeflo orca skimmer, Knop HD calc reac w/2nd chamber, BRS dual reac, dart rtn pump, 2x tunze 6105's on seasweeps, 2x jebao PP20's, 30gal QT, LED/T5 Ltg, 1/2 hp aqualogic chiller.
Editour2 is offline   Reply With Quote