View Single Post
Unread 08/14/2014, 08:01 AM   #11
ViktorVaughn
Registered Member

I have used both superglue gel and the reef epoxy for securing corals but found that when I use both together, it works best. I put a small bead of SG gel where you will be securing coral to rock. You then place enough reef epoxy to cover the bead of gel (depending on size of coral, youll use more or less). After your epoxy is stuck to bead of super glue you apply another, slightly larger bead of super glue on top of the epoxy. Just make sure not to smother the bottom of the coral with epoxy/glue, a little bit really does go a long way. Then just pop it into your tank and push down and twist slightly. The push and twist is to get the bubble that forms around the superglue to pop and stick to the rock and also to work the epoxy in. If mounting at extreme angles where the coral isnt upright, you can generally get away with just holding it in place with light pressure for 1 minute or so. Best method I have found so far for mounting frags and getting them to stay put. I have quite a few heavy Acropora and other coral that are mounted almost sideways and havent had one fall on me yet.

ViktorVaughn is offline   Reply With Quote