View Single Post
Unread 06/28/2017, 11:50 PM   #114
Wally.B
Registered Member

Decision to STOP all Additives (Going With Water Changes Only, Plus a tiny bit of Coral Food)

That Sunset Milli is now bleaching from Bottom up. Will not touch it and hoping it stops.
Since there was only one more left where I got the original, I picked up another Sunset, but this time left on Plug and put on KONG Frag Rack lower down at Mario Level.

As since I love the Yellow Contrast look that I've never had in my tank before, picked up a couple more Yellows (A Wild Yellow Acro, and a Fuzzy Yellow Acro)

I have also decided to Stop All Additives since Water Changes with Dosing Aquaforest Components 1,2,3 will provide everything Corals need naturally for such young small frags.

Dosing had to be increased from 5 ml, 7.5ml a day to 12ml (6.0ml twice a day) to keep ALK from dropping (Dropped to 7.0 from 7.5 few days earlier). This may not be enough.

Trying to keep ALK is stable at 7.5, CALC 425,
and Interestingly MAG dropped from 1420 to 1360 which is something that I've never seen before (Quick MAG Drop). I like being at 1360.

I'll see how things go for the next two months (Summer), and won't be wondering what's causing problems.

If I get past the Keep Alive Stage, Coloration will be something to keep me buzy in the Future.

Last edited by Wally.B; 06/29/2017 at 12:07 AM.
Wally.B is offline   Reply With Quote