View Single Post
Unread 11/02/2017, 11:49 AM   #402
onetootreefor
Registered Member

I just started dosing Aquaforest and is my first time diving into the dosing realm. My Calc and Alk seemed to be depleting by equal amounts before starting to dose.

I started off by getting my Alk and Calc to desired levels before starting on a dosing regimen. I got alk stable at 8.9-9.0 dKH and my calc stable at 425-450.

I started dosing Aquaforest 25ml (30 gallon tank) throughout 6x per day. I have a kore 5th doser. For the first 4 days everything stayed really stable Alk right at 9.0 dKH and calc 425-435.

Today (the 5th day) I checked and saw my Alk shoot up to 9.2 dKH and my calc was at 397. I use hannah checkers and check my water chemistry at the same time every day. Should I change my dosages? I know we are supposed to dose all 3 parts equally but it seems like my reef is consuming at unequal parts.

The only change between yesterday and today is I started Vodka dosing to help with my phosphates. (I only added .2 ml of Vodka before testing), could that be the reason for the change in alk and calc? I wouldn't think so.

onetootreefor is offline   Reply With Quote