Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster124 View Post
Nice
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Beautiful tank!
And that first video is really cool..
Sometimes it seems as though your phone is actually in the water when you get closer in.
Are you zooming in and out while shooting that?
I like the fact that is doesn't over saturate the colours (too much) like the iPhone does..
What lighting do you use?
I actually leave my zoom alone and just put the camera phone right on the glass when I seem to get closer. I think using the built-in anti-shake on youtube makes it feel more immersive like I'm actually flying around in the tank. Just a theory. I am using two Ocean Revive T247 LED fixtures and one 400-watt MH fixture. If you tell me which is the MH, I'll give you a reefer of the day badge. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcrowe2012 View Post
Beautiful tank! Definitely helps me figure out what to do. Do you have any problems with your anemones?
I had the same colony of clones through both my old 125-gallon tank and my current 215-gallon tank with no issues with the no water changes. The only issue I've run across is when I introduced the Colorado Sunburst anemone, it got a really bad bacterial infection and I had to treat it with Cipro. It's be fine ever since but I don't think that's a correlation with the no water changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentH View Post
great tank .ive been hearing more and more of the no water changes and the tanks are lookin better if not just as good as tanks that do do them!!do yu d the triton testing?
I do an annual Triton water test to monitor trend changes but don't really use it to base any of my dosing off it. I still don't 100% trust their results are as accurate as they imply but I am okay with using it for monitoring of annual trends. Basically, I wouldn't use a low potassium result from Triton as an indicator to dose more potassium, I would just monitor it to see how much it changes year to year and base my dosing on my own test kits.

FarmerTy is offline   Reply With Quote