View Single Post
Unread 06/17/2013, 07:36 PM   #117
Knd107
Registered Member

Hey,

Nice work, can you post a close up of the connectors that you used to interconnect the LEDs (heatsinks) and then the connectors that you are using to connect the drivers and controller.

Btw, I had my brother program a controller similar to the boostled one that has the functionality that you mentioned about fade in then fade out at a set % then shut off.

I will try to upload it to my controller to make sure it works and send it to you if you want it. I have to edit it anyway since he had to program it from scratch and build the prototype (masters class in programming). It ended up being cheaper to just reprogram the boostled one so that's what I am planning to do.

I am working on the rail for my build right now. How are dealing with the wiring with moving the LEDs? I got a canopy similar to yours. 1x2 pine from HP and MDF skin that is just connected by magnets so I can take the entire skin apart except the back and maybe one side. Planning to mount everything from the back panel and perhaps the controller on the side. Having a issue with creating something for the controller housing and be watertight.

Right now, I have everything wired to a piece of MDF and terminal strips. I got the solderless LEDs from rapidled.

Thanks

Knd107 is offline   Reply With Quote