View Single Post
Unread 08/27/2007, 09:48 PM   #152
fishcraze2002
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by NanoCube-boy
The tank is outstandly clean look inside the house. Con graduation being TOTM. Your name sounds like Vietnamese, are you?

Anyways I have some question, it's probably some noob questions, but hey, at least I ask.
What is a close loop?
What do you mean by RTN?

Why did you need to tide the frag tank down?
How do you trim the zoanthids on your tank wall?

I heard you on temp. control. I experience the same thing on my nano, my two fan blew off, but my tank never been running on a heater, they tank constantly at 84s-86s degree.
Answers to your questions:
1/ A close loop: Not sure how to decribe it clearly generally, water from the main display tank flows through a outlet nozzle to the pump (call the closeloop pump) and pump right back to the main tank. So the differential pressure head between the outlet and inlet of your pump is essentially the height difference (or static head) between those two nozzles in your main tank. So the static head is very low (normally less than 2 ft) or even zero if the outlet and inlet nozzles are at the same height) for the closeloop system; hence you get more flow out of the pump.
In contrast, the sump return pump system can be considered as an 'open' loop system since you pump from one reservoir(the sump) to another reservoir (the main display tank). The static head in this case is the diff b/t the sump level and the display tk level - which normally > 4ft; so you get less flow out of the same pump. You can do a search on this forum for 'closeloop' you may find a lot of thread and pics of the closeloop system

2/ RTN = rapid tissue necrosis. = quick dead (or loosing meat) of SPS corals It's a disease - I think

3/ There used to be a center brace for that thin wall frag tank but the center brace broke when i got the tank. So this acrylic tank does not have any brace at all (or rimless), and it was a little bulged out. So I have to tie it up w/ that rachet (sp?)

4/ To trim the zoanthis on the tank wall => just use a razor blade to scrape it off. Or you can buy the blueline rabbit fish like the one I got and it'll eat all those zoos up

fishcraze2002 is offline   Reply With Quote