View Single Post
Unread 02/21/2014, 06:02 PM   #101
James77
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chema View Post
My reef is in the dining room and my equipment is almost noiseless. To me operate as advertised is not only that the pump runs for several years, but also that it runs as noiseless as it did the very first day. If it "squeaks and rattles like heck" that sounds to me as a failure in operation. The problem when you buy second hand is that most of the times you do not know whether the equipment has been abused or not and how much operational time it accumulates. I have checked several e-bay offers for used masterflex pumps but I do not remember seeing indication of the total number of hours the pumps had been used and the environmental conditions under which they had been used.
He was referring to his older brushed unit, with 45,000 hours of use from him, plus unknown time and abuse from the previous owner.

I am sure his digital drive unit is silent, as was mine. He actually sourced the one I had, and it was listed as new(and it was). If you press the seller on the pump, you should be able to find out info on it.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote