View Single Post
Unread 03/02/2018, 05:34 PM   #5
Kentech5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksReef View Post
Glad your happy as I did order it from Premium Aquatics and got a notice of a back order, but they were going to try to drop ship from supplier and I havent heard back in a few days. Where did you order yours?

From CoralVue:

The probe does not need calibration. Since the probe tests conductivity, the probe zeros itself out when you turn it off. You can always test the accuracy by testing RODI water which should have a SG of 1.

Now I really cant wait to get my excepically since I believe something is off on my refractometer. I did order the 35ppt solution but that isn't hear yet either.

Also from CoralVue:

In terms of the Milwaukee tester you are comparing two different technologies here. The Milwaukee tester is a refractometer while the IceCap tester is a conductivity probe. The IceCap test the conductivity in the water to find out what the SG, PPT, PSU and Temp of the water is. The IceCap is accurate to 0.0001 SG while the Milwaukee one is accurate to 0.0002 SG.

I did read before that the probe zeroes itself when turned off but I figured I would mention that there’s no way to do so manually. I know they are two different technologies and in some ways it’s like comparing a hydrometer to a refractometer. It was the best thing I had on hand for comparison.

I also ordered from Premium Aquatics so I must have got one of the last ones?

Kentech5 is offline   Reply With Quote