Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 12/21/2020, 10:58 PM   #1659
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Looking at the widgeon grass, what I thought was new growth is instead a manatee grass growing very close to it. So I may have killed it when I moved it. We'll see I guess.

A lot of grass blades are getting coated in calcium again. Yay. I may have to do another simulated grazing event and prune a bunch down. Not crazy about doing it, but now might be a good time, with the reds cut back a bit.

The feather caulerpa is just barely held back from completely engulfing the tank. I may need to do a jumbo export soon.

Glancing at my signature, I see I recently passed the two year mark on this tank. Doing the redo gave me the chance to apply what I learned in v1. The best example is the heavy use of dirt, dug up from my yard. With all that in my sand bed, the seagrasses are much easier to keep happy. When your pivotal species is a higher plant, dirt is your friend!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote