View Single Post
Unread 08/26/2013, 08:05 AM   #1526
ljr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
For those needing a maintenance guide on pump cleaning:

http://royalexclusiv.net/images/cont...enance_eng.pdf

Note that the model numbers do not match up, but it's essentially the exact same pump.
Jeremy,
I have the Vertex 250 and have been running it for a few years and very happy with it. I had a tank failure in March and broke down and cleaned everything... I am starting everything up again and I am having issues with the Red Dragon pump. It seems to be triggering a failure, it starts up and stops (repeat a few time) and then completely shuts down. The pump and shaft are very clean and I do not think there is any build up or damage on either one. I assume any service would be in Germany, is that right? Do you sell the pump for a replacement?

I have talked to you previously about replacing the skimmer due to a cracked rim on the collecting cup collar (my fault), it may be time. I notice you do not have these skimmers on your website, do you still sell them? What is the comparable skimmer? The BK 250?

Current Tank Info: 178gal mixed reef - 5x AI Sol Blue - 150 Gal Basement sump, 40 Gal Frag Tank, Vertex Alpha 250 Cone Skimmer, Geo Calcium Reactor
ljr is offline   Reply With Quote