View Single Post
Unread 06/18/2012, 02:04 PM   #5
iereefer
Registered Member

TMC Aquaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGolato View Post
I searched but could not locate a recent answer on the subject so I'll try here. If I missed it please advise.

I am looking into upgrading my reef lighting and LED's appear to be an interesting option. The TMC brand (Aquabeam 1000) is pushing improved performance as a result of using patented technology. TMC claims that "EcoTech uses older generation emitters since they do NOT have patent rights. As well most EcoTech Radions use a cool white emitter, which is a poor PUR choice for marine aquariums".
The cost for the TMC LED's seems to be more reasonable than the EcoTech Radions but is the "real" performance?

Would anyone be willing to please share their thoughs or experience?
many thanks,
Tony
I have used these. I would continue to buy thm if not for the cost. What i have is a HD1000 tile. The emitter used where patented and developed by cree specificly for TMC. Thats why it cost so much. Its an excellent beautiful bright fixture. HD1000 are made for deep tanks 24" or more or you would have to mount/hang them at 8-12". For the price a controller would be nice. Im currently using it for my fug. If i can afford it i would more with a controller. Hope this helps

iereefer is offline   Reply With Quote