View Single Post
Unread 10/31/2011, 10:22 AM   #6
tegee
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
2 MP10s is plenty for a 60 gallon cube. I own a Tunze and Vortech and won't be spending any more money on Tunze. The "directional" control is all just hype.

I use my MP10 on a Nano Cube that is roughly 18x18 and get flow everywhere in the tank.

Yes, you will miss the controllability factor. I was actually looking at starting a 60 gallon cube a few weeks ago and Ecotech recommended 2 - MP10s for the setup. They put out almost an 18" wide flow once you get out to about 24" or so. 2 of them will do everything you ever need on that size tank.

Thanks Ryan.... good information all around.

I have no experience with MP20's, but I do know that there are a few floating around that I may be able to purchase. Is that an option?

And I agree, after doing some homework Tunze simply does not blow my skit up. I really like the company and everything that it has to offer, but I really like the programming and controllability of EcoTech IMHO.

Many thanks again to everyone's input.....keep them coming.