View Single Post
Unread 12/20/2015, 08:52 AM   #37
cksss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsea View Post
Thank you for the kind words about my hobby business. It is something to keep me busy, since I retired from offshore drilling. I also intend to grow Red Ogo for personnel consumption as a specialty produce food source.

Why dose with iodine? I have see it advertised as necessary for red macro algae but have never seen documented evidence of results. Calcium and magnesium are the most prominent elements assimilated into macro. How do you keep up with calcium demand? Considering that you have a macro lagoon biotheme, is alkalinity even an issue compared to a reef tank?
Exactly because of the red/purple macro i dose iodine, the Ochtodes was dying and i was desperate so i just went with the suggestion i read online. I'm not dosing Calcium deliberately yet, thought i do get lots of coralline growth. The "bacteria king" filter media i'm using dissolve Calcium into the water as claimed. You can locate the article by googling for "bacteria king reef system"

I'm also running an ATS which might be helping with the pH swing, but i've not tested the pH at different time of the day thought

cksss is offline   Reply With Quote