View Single Post
Unread 12/22/2005, 02:30 PM   #1
Bebo77
Premium Nonpaying Member

Gabriel's NEW 300 Gallon Envision Tank ((PICS INTENSE))

I wanted to chronicle the development of my 300 gallon Envision tank that i received from James in November of '05.

After months and months of planning and assembling i am finally getting to the point where I can see some progress.

Where to start?.. well lets start with selecting a place for the tank so that i could tearing a hole in the floor to build an additional foundation to support the tank.
I decided to set the tank up in an extra room that i was using for storage....

As you can see the floor was removed and covered with mats to keep the cold air out of the house.

I made a new concrete slab for the tank beefing up the foundation. To make the slab i added 10 footings to the crawl space that i had.

Close up

I spread the 10 piers over 6 floor joists in the floor. I then made a form and filled it with 20 90lbs bags of concrete giving me over 15" of solid reenforced concrete.

I asked my godfather (an electrician) to run me 2 dedicated 20 amp circuts to power the tank. One was placed aprox 7 feet high to power my lights and gther other near an existing oultet to power all filtration needs.

Current Tank Info: 300 Gal Envision Tank(98Lx30Wx26T) 120 Gal SoCalCreations Sump, Deltec TC2560, 2 LumenarcsMini 1 Reg on a light mover W Radiums 250& 400, Gallaxy ballasts, Red Dragon 10m3 return W/ 2 WavySeas, 2 6155 Tunze streams

Last edited by Bebo77; 12/22/2005 at 03:06 PM.
Bebo77 is offline   Reply With Quote