View Single Post
Unread 02/24/2009, 12:52 PM   #43
Rbacchiega
Registered Member

hahaha thanks for the picture tkeracer619. Almost like sharks with friggen lasers on their friggen heads.

Anyways, I don't know what to think of the OP's question, but a simple No like what was given should suffice. No need to bash.

However, in terms of keeping reptiles. I have a chameleon (who's life span is 5-7 years) and two Sulcata tortoises (who's lifespan is well over 50 years). But I'm 23. I own my own house and have the space to provide these torts with what they need. I didn't just buy these guys spur of the moment. I researched them and realized how big they got (males can reach over 200lbs) I think if someone does the research and can truthfully say that they can provide the animal with what they need, they have every right to own a reptile. There are certain ones that I don't think should be kept in captivity (although they are VERY cool) ie Burms, Rectics, Caimans etc but people keep them with great success and have done so for extended periods of time. Reefing might be your passion (as it is one of mine) but I love my torts as well.

Let the hating begin

Current Tank Info: 180 gallon in progress