View Single Post
Unread 01/04/2016, 06:53 PM   #2523
Reef Ruler
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster124 View Post

Might be a coincident but clearing my DT of algae was definitely a prelude to dinos.
Don't think its a coincidence. Immediately after I got rid of a pretty significant hair algae problem in my DT, dinos showed up for the first time and exploded quickly.

I posted in this thread back before Christmas, and started a 3 day black out as my first step in getting rid of these dinos. At the same time, I added a couple lbs of LR from my LFS, some pods, quit doing water changes, and began dosing phytoplankton. Christmas morning, I ended the blackout, and the tank looked amazing. Almost no dinos to be seen, but there was still a little bit remaining. Over the next few days the dinos slowly started to regain ground, but I kept doing what I was doing. Continued to add phyto and pods from a couple different sources. Not once have I ever actually siphoned dinos out, but I have been considering it.

But, as I said, the dinos started to regain ground and I kept sticking with my plan. Over the past 2 days, I have actually noticed the dinos thinning out and receeding a little bit. I'm hoping this continues.