View Single Post
Unread 11/17/2003, 02:09 PM   #81
JHardman
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rza007
JHardman- awesome threads.

heres my deal.
I have an A. Frenatus that has been with me for a long time now. I want to give it a mate. After reading your two great threads about clown fish, I decided to give the pairing a shot. I purchased a tomato that is visibly smaller than the clown I have. As soon as they laid eyes on each other, I saw many of the actions your explained in the thread. The smaller clown showed no aggression while the larger was defensive of its anemone.

Heres my deal-

I have a giant colony of LTA’s on one side of my tank which houses the L tomato. On the opposite side of the tank lives a Rbta which the new smaller clown has taken to. Throughout the day, the larger clown will swim over to the Rbta and share the Rbta with the small clown, however, when the small clown swims over to the larger clowns Lta’s- the L clown shows aggression and is again defensive but does no harm. Also, at night they sleep on opposite sides of the tank.

Am I on the right track to a successful pair? I would really like my clown for 3 years to start spawning.

This has been going on since (11/16)
Sounds fine. They have accepted eachother. It takes time to build the pair bond. They will go thru several stages, and not being allowed in the females anemone is typical of a new pairing. Just wait, they are working it out.

JHardman is offline   Reply With Quote