View Single Post
Unread 05/08/2012, 10:33 AM   #36
fla2341
Registered Member

Jasanden: That's a nice looking pair of Potters. You've had them for about a year now with no signs of spawning behaviour? Does the male chase the female close to lights out? Do they fight any? If I'm not mistaken Potters are found in deeper water then the Flames and might need a darkened area to help with the spawning response initially. Since yours have been in there for this long they might have become accustomed to the brighter environment. What sizes are they - approx. and how big were they when you got them and did they come as a pair or did you form them yourself? Questions, questions, questions....

Sport507: Nope. I live in FLA Just off I4. There are several Harbor Heights here but I live in none of them. Cape Canaveral, Punta Gorda/Charlotte Harbor and Ft. Lauderdale to name a few.

CaptCrash: Excellent. I want to try Yellow, Achillies and Powder Blue Tangs when I'm able to. Have you started a thread yet so I can tract your progress? Thank you for kind words. I'm attempting this with as little specialized equipment as possible. If I can bring just 1 thru meta and settlement then I will have exceeded my wildest dreams. What are your tank specs? etc..... I want to know about all breeding attempts/sucesses for these more difficult/impossible labled species. The only way we will learn is thru trial and error and while I can't breed everyone I want maybe someone else is or has tried and I want to know the who, what , where, why and whens.......