View Single Post
Unread 11/09/2017, 03:13 PM   #10
oreo57
Registered Member

You want some real fun..Use Sorra chips after disassembling them from the lamp. Won't sell bare chips unfortunately..
Cost is $2(or greater, need to shop around)/W.. though ..and 5000K has been discontinued so only lower K's available..
They are real easy to disassemble. Bases are really thin pure aluminum so heat transfer is way above most chips I've used so far..
Yuji makes some violet pump chips (lifespan is much shorter than their blue pump emitters and there is a discrepancy as to HOW short from various sources . 1/2 lifespan would seem typical but some say much less) as does Kyocera..

Kyocera is quite receptive to inquiries regarding them..and will help w/ custom boards and loose chips AFAICT (personal correspondence)

Advantage to this is since one uses blue phosphors the range of blue emissions can be spread out..

sadly none of this increase efficiency nor decreases costs...

Soraa uses a different substrate than most LEd's

Just an FYI (and never disassembled these btw)
https://www.lightology.com/index.php...885&cat_id=171
2700K @ 25 or 36 degrees are only $17.. but need to watch shipping costs..
As I said not cheap but a 18.5W 2700K 95CRI violet based chip is enticing

Unfortunately little cyan boost..

In case you are wondering about "white performance" of fresh fish vs Soraa 5000K, Fresh fish is "crisper" probably due to cyan boost and the 6500k ..
Don't have the 5000k Soraa graph handy but since discontinued.. pointless anyways.
Lightology "may" still have some.. Hard to find on their site..They were more per watt than the 2700K I posted..

chips .........everywhere...

FOUND IT and now realize this is ALL old news to you..

Last edited by oreo57; 11/09/2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: edit
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote