Thread: 14gal Nano Reef
View Single Post
Unread 02/14/2018, 02:36 PM   #3
MyHouseIsAZoo
Registered Member

We have added some friends to the tank over the last few weeks. Of course I haven't taken photos of the coral. I will try to update with those soon

Added friends

-Red & Blue Hermits
-Blood Shrimp (I love him)
-Nassarius snails (2...although I only ever see 1, they burrowed in the sand as soon as they went in the tank. I'm not sure if both are alive or if they only come up one at a time)
-Astrea Snails (2)
-Pistol shrip and goby

We have 3 coral frags. We weren't planning to glue them, but the hermits keep uprooting them (we put the stems in holes in the live rock) so we may end up gluing them down.

Our kids liked our freshwater tank, but everyone is loving the saltwater tank. It is right next to our kitchen table so it sees a lot of traffic. My 18 year old sister is living with us until she goes to college in the fall and she spends a couple of hours a day watching the tank. My mother in law is at our house daily and the first thing she does when she arrives is check out the tank. Everyone comments about how its just a little different every day. We won't add any more fish, but will continue to add coral. We are keeping an eye on the small cleaner crew we have, the LFS recommended more snails, but we want to see what these guys do first. I don't want to leave anyone fighting for resources!

We have a 75 gallon tank and stand that will be saltwater. It will be a slow build, but the kids (6 & 8) are already pushing us to get it started

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0238.jpg (26.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0308.jpg (31.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0342.JPG (34.8 KB, 27 views)
MyHouseIsAZoo is offline   Reply With Quote