View Single Post
Unread 07/06/2008, 06:10 AM   #23
dendro982
Registered Member

Interesting idea to make a small vertical algae scrubber, that possibly can be used for nano tanks - I looked for this some time ago, and this is next in compactness after Tetratec PF150 Power Filter-based.

Alas, I have no possibility to work with acrylic and no ready made inexpensive suitable containers are available here. And the lights have to be protected from accidental splashes and during the screen removal for a cleaning.

Another thing, I started to develop allergic reaction on touching LR and removing macroalgae from the tank and now am replacing flooring in the room, that suffered from splashes and leaks. And because of this frequently removed for a manual cleaning dripping screen with smelly algae (and it is, I have the hair algae rock in the tank) is not a thing I would like to employ in my practice, as long as I have any other options, not much of them left, though.

As for PM, I really glad to have a possibility to read this thread, especially bergzy's posts, it was very educative for me. Thanks for the input, everybody!

Would you add a couple of comments on dripless cleaning of the screens?

5g - sea apples
NC12 - tube anemone
20g L - frogfish
125g - filefishes and lion

Current Tank Info: 6 BB tanks: NPS, filter feeders and odd fish. LPS, sps and clams too
dendro982 is offline   Reply With Quote