View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2016, 08:26 PM   #3
Meshmez
Registered Member

Ok. I got one of them fired up.
Initial setup is easy to do by just following the directions in the app once you download it.

I do wish there was an actual power button on the light itself, because if you plug the cord into the wall before plugging into the light, it can spark.... this isn't a major issue, but it was a bit of a surprise.

In a completely quiet room I was able to hear a high pitch (electronic) noise coming from both the light and the power supply, but in the room by my tank I couldnt hear it at all, so I'm not worried about it. The fan was the same story, could hear it faintly in a completely quiet room, but nothing in room with the tank.

So I went through the app setup and got it connected to the light.

Setting up the light schedule is pretty straight forward. it takes you through setting up each color channel. Below is a picture of the violet channel. I set up 2 segments as shown by the graph. unfortunately it doesnt seem that you can drag the dots up and down, you have to scroll through the % as shown in the second pic. not a huge deal, but it would have been nice to be able to make quick changes by dragging the dots.

You continue through, setting each channel until you get the graph of all of them at then end. These are all set to different peak values at 5pm, but if I had different segments (like the example above) it would show that curve here.

From that main screen you can override the program temporarily by clicking "Manual override" , then selecting a duration for the override. It then shows sliders for all the channels that you can slide back and forth. There is also a timer that counts down the time left in override.

Overall so far I'm very happy with the lights. It would be nice if they could add an option to save different lighting profiles that you could choose between ( for instance set up an acclimation profile you could switch to when you get new coral, etc)

I will try to get these over water in the next few days to get some par readings. I had more pics to post, but photobucket is resizing them big for some reason... anyway, heres a pic of the light on.

Meshmez is offline   Reply With Quote