View Single Post
Unread 05/06/2013, 11:07 AM   #92
SPotter
Registered Member

MTC (marine technical concepts). I have the procal ca reactor. He's a local guy here in NJ but many people use them and love them. I just switched back to 2 part dosing for a couple of reasons. 1.) my regulator just died and with the possibility of moving I didnt want to invest anymore money in equipment and I already had my ghl dosing pumps that I held onto. 2.) I had been thinking about making the switch back because for the last year I have been trying to keep my ca and mg levels where I want them and no matter what I did my ca would always drop to 380 and mg to 1200. No matter how many adjustments I would make or buffers I would add...I could never maintain my target levels without having my alk go sky high. I am seeing others with large tanks making the switch back to dosing for the same reason. Since going back to dosing my levels are spot on and I am very happy with the results. I will hold onto the ca reactor and maybe add it to this system as demand grows or add it to the next tank if we move.

Am I really doing all of this for a fish tank??????

Current Tank Info: 360g Envision Acrylic Tank, Closed Loops, Vectra L1's, MP40QD's, 400w Radiums, Regal 300ext, Dastaco Ext3 CaRx, Controlled by GHL Profilux
SPotter is offline   Reply With Quote