View Single Post
Unread 01/31/2017, 10:47 AM   #32
djsmeegy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnus View Post
Well, I know there are a dozen ways to treat dinos and all seem to have mixed results for different people. I personally have been very successful with raising the pH, this typically causes the dinos to almost completely disappear after 2-3 days and you do not need to turn off the lights. I have done this on dozens of tanks and it has worked every time. Having an Apex to control the pH is very helpful but not necessary.

I use kalkwasser to raise the pH and I've never experienced any losses in FOWLR or full-blown reef tanks. Of course there is risk whenever you dose kalkwasser and this is no different.

Day 1:

Add about 1.0 teaspoon of kalk per gallon of RODI top off water. This will typically bump up the pH about 0.1-0.3 after 24 hours.

Day 2:

After 24 hours your pH will hopefully be around 8.1-8.4. If your pH is not 8.5 then increase the saturation to 1.5 teaspoons per gallon of RODI top off water. This will typically bump up the pH another 0.1-0.3 after 24 hours.

Day 3:

After 48 hours your pH will hopefully be around 8.2-8.5. If your pH is .........

Fallback OFF

OSC 000:00/000:30/004:30 Then ON

If pH > 8.20 Then OFF

Of course you will need to increase the pH limit 0.1 about every 12 hours.

Hi guys, unfortunately I have the dinos. But I found this thread so I want to go for this PH increase method, but I dont have RODI top off system. I just manually fill the water into last septum. So what do you recommed me to do? May I create some kalkwater lotion and put it time to time to reef or should I create some doser with arduinoIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg?
I have 200L reef and filtration with pellet reactor, skimmer, carbon and live rocks. Here are some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djsmeegy is offline   Reply With Quote