View Single Post
Unread 09/13/2017, 09:46 PM   #16
kurt_n
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardshark View Post
hello, I hope you can help me because I tried to calibrate the ORP probe today with pinpoint 400 calibrating solution and the probe couldn't be calibrated.
When I start doing the calibration process the first step is to place the probe in Quinhydrone 4.00 solution, does it is ph 4.00 calibration solution? Because I bought at the lfs the 400 orp calibration solution and I immersed in it and the probe could not be calibrated. I got a message stating the calibration couldn't be done.
Thanks for your input.
Marco
It sounds like you started the calibration process using pH 4.0 solution?

If you started the calibration process, but did it the wrong way, this is why your ORP might be reading so low. Once you start the calibration process, you can't just cancel it. I'm thinking your calibration for the ORP might be bad, giving you the wrong number.

If this is the case, the only way I know to fix it is to recalibrate. And this requires the Quinhydrone solution. You might want to contact Neptune - maybe there's a way to just reset the ORP variables to their default values without messing with anything else.

As far as whether or not ORP is useful and the little sidebar battle going on... that's not really helping Leopardshark with his question, is it?

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote