View Single Post
Unread 12/28/2014, 10:34 AM   #533
Amphiprion
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA View Post
If my dinoflagellates would all die at once I got to collect them and drain the water off they would for sure fit into a small cup.
More likely I'd think they could all be pressed into a volume not more than couple of sugar cubes.

The 2 or 3 months of cyanobacteria have passed.
The outcome is different this time. The dinos are only in their preferred spots now, but denser so I estimate their population to be about the same.

I'm doing a monthly time lapse shots for coral growth comparison.
There are only two species of Acropora that are not showing any signs of growth.
One of them being A. Tenuis.
I know my bloom would easily fill a cup--and I only have 40 gallons. I broke everything down yesterday, so I'll get a pic to show just how bad it got. Couple that with all the Lyngbya and you'll get even more.

I am ordering some densely covered live rock and sand via air freight in hopes that diversity will be high enough. I completely dumped all plants I had left and all corals will soak in a more concentrated peroxide dip prior to addition. Fish will receive freshwater dips prior to being added to the new system, as well. Of course, everything else will be sterilized with bleach and hydrochloric acid.

Current Tank Info: 40g breeder patch reef w/ seagrass; 2-250w XM 10K; Vortech MP40wES & MP10wES; BM Curve 7 skimmer; carbon & occasional GFO
Amphiprion is offline   Reply With Quote