View Single Post
Unread 04/18/2016, 07:45 AM   #69
mhucasey
Acros & wieners, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemodan View Post
Hi

From the quoted posting I understand that IF I USE COMPONENT A + B + C with my dosing method I will be near with what it is achieved if I use the Balling system 1+2+3........ correct ?

I am using B-ionic (1 and 2) for dosing. It is an equilibrated 2 part dosing system (alk and Ca).

I do have a DOS Neptune dosing system that has only 2 pumps. Buying a new dosing system with 3 pumps it will be expensive (~ $300-$450).

Also my system is equilibrated,as it is today in Ca, Alk and Mg. I replenish Mg with 15% Water Changes every weekend.

Being said all these, I am still having issues to keep a nicely loaded tank with SPS.

I am missing something that my WC are not able to replenish enought. I am using Reef Crystal Salts.

So, I thought that instead of jumping to the Balling system and expend a lot of money in new dosing pumps, I can add the components A, B and C and continue with my dosing system.

What do you think ?

Thank you !!
Daniel
Daniel, B-ionic already has the micronutrients in it, I wouldn't add the components strong to them. If you wanted to switch over to the Components you mix up Calcium and Magnesium Chloride(part 1), Sodium Carbonate(part2), and "Reef Mineral Salt"(Sodium chloride free salt)(Part 3).

The components are added to these- Component A&B go into Part 1, Component C into Part 2, Component D into part 3. This is classic full Balling.

If you wanted to try this just get one BRS 1.1ml/min Peristaltic pump, they are about 80 bucks. You plug it directly into an Apex outlet. No need to buy a whole new Three head doser.

I cant stress enough, don't double up with B-Ionic trace elements! I used B-ionic in the beginning and I saw many improvements in health when I gave up on it and went to classic Randy's recipe 2-part.

See my tank thread here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2468548

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon Rimless Starphire Shallow Reef. Reef Octopus Diablo EXT-200 skimmer, Chaeto Reactor, Lighting: ATI Sunpower 8X39W, 6X39W Sunpower
mhucasey is offline   Reply With Quote