View Single Post
Unread 10/18/2017, 09:38 PM   #40
studboy36
Registered Member

Well I've been tinkering with my virtual setup. I made a refugium which at it's current size is approximately 27 gallons 17.5 x 20.5 x 18. it's actually taller then 18 inches (23.5") but the exit bulkhead is 18.318 from center to the bottom of the refugium. There is enough clearance for two schedule 80 bulkheads so it can be disconnected from the synergy reef sump easily. I've decided to not go with the 80/20 stand, and instead have it built out of wood as it's a lot cheaper. Cost was definitely a concern, and I'd rather put the money towards other stuff for my aquarium. I can cut length down a couple of inches depending on how the wood stand is made. I'll have to give SC Aquariums a layout to follow if I need to adjust it to meet the build requirements for the stand. I basically want the tank to be flush with the stand and have it open in the front with no center support which would prevent me from putting in the sump. 80/20 stand in the layout is the size that I would like the wood stand to be.

If I can lock the stand design down, I should be able to order the tank and stand next month. I've decided to go with a triton setup. Rather then spend more money on a Triton sump, I'm going with the sump I already have, and I think the added advantage is that the refugium is separate from the sump. Refugiums can get really gross, and I'd rather keep the mess in one area as much as possible.
refugium 1.jpg

refugium 2.jpg

Current Tank Info: 187 60"x30"x24" system in process
studboy36 is offline   Reply With Quote