View Single Post
Unread 05/12/2018, 02:55 PM   #933
homer1475
Registered Member

Well I think I'm going to stop nitrate dosing for a bit.

While my LPS and acans look super, sps and both plating monti's have some brown film algae growing on them. The red plating monti is starting to bleach a bit also. I guess they liked the all 0 readings. I can now see the trouble with keeping a mixed reef.

PO4 remains in check at .031, and I'm only leaving trace amounts of nitrates(NYOS kit starts at 1 and jumps to 3. I'm somewhere in the middle). My ATS still grows about a half cup of slimy green algae weekly, and I'm keeping up on WC's. I'm guessing the extra NO3 is contributing to the excess film algae buildup.

I wish I could get a true picture of the acan I got at soul's LFS. It has turned into a nice ultra(from my readings ultra refers to more then 4 colors?)acan with the nitrate dosing. Curious to see what happens to it's color when I stop.

I do have 1 fish going through TTm right now. A tiny 1" starry blenny. Will be nice to restock the tank and have some movement in there. I decided to wait until the fallow period ended(may 1) before buying any fish. Just something odd going on in the QT I setup, so I didn't want to use it anymore. Being my LFS is a 2 hour drive, I just haven't had time to go buy any either. lol

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"

Last edited by homer1475; 05/12/2018 at 03:01 PM.
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote