View Single Post
Unread 02/09/2015, 10:47 AM   #761
Amphiprion
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montireef View Post
I have come to a conclusion that differs from what everybody claims:

If I stop the pumps and water movement, dinos also stop thriving and it is very easy to vacuum clean them. I have also found that the stronger the water is pumped the faster the dinos spread and go out of control.

I have also found that it is better to stop the skimmer and feed heavier.
Less water movement/cessation of water movement led to more strand formation in my case. I can't say there were necessarily more, just slightly more visible. If left off for longer than about the 20 mins I had done, they may have possibly receded as you observed.

Beyond that, I'd have to say that your observations correlate well with mine so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfaso24 View Post
I had Dino's about two weeks ago. I caught it really early before it got bad. I originally thought it was cyano but after a day or so realized it was Dino's. I immediately blacked out the tank for 72 hours and then ran only actinics for a week. After a week, I went back to my regular full lighting schedule. It's been like this for a week or a week and a half and still no sign of Dino's returning.
Be cautiously optimistic. A week is a very short amount of time with this particular pest.

Current Tank Info: 40g breeder patch reef w/ seagrass; 2-250w XM 10K; Vortech MP40wES & MP10wES; BM Curve 7 skimmer; carbon & occasional GFO
Amphiprion is offline   Reply With Quote