View Single Post
Unread 07/21/2017, 10:07 AM   #178
youcallmenny
Registered Member

To answer your question about the white spots, those are snail eggs. Nerite, I believe. I wouldn't count on them doing much.

As for the asterina's, I wouldn't get too bent out of shape. It's pretty rare to find the bad ones. I've never seen them do anything negative in my tank and they're all different colors. Typically these little buggers pop up because there are excess nutrients not being consumed elsewhere in the bioload. Continue to add some CuC and they'll diminish.

Interested to see what path you choose for coral and fish. I have done the flame angel and yellow tang but ended up removing both of them because they're both super aggressive and the flame angel picked on LPS constantly. I have a kole eye tang too but he's in my attached 40b anemone tank and he only has a pair of clowns living with him so he's pretty laid back. Be aware that these have a reputation for being the most aggressive of your selections if put into competition. Bristletooth tangs like the Kole Eye can have major attitudes.

Subbed. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Really neat tank dimensions. Keep up the good work!

youcallmenny is offline   Reply With Quote