View Single Post
Unread 12/15/2017, 09:30 AM   #9
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Great tank pick up story! As I followed along, I had The Doors' song "Riders On the Storm" playing in my head. That must have been some pitch you made to your student! "So all you have to do is outrun this storm, so we don't die, then you pass!"

Another master class in foam wallery! Looks great. I love that you even foamed the teeth of the overflow. You are, without doubt, the best fake waller I've seen. Period. The new equipment looks solid. Good stuff. Now prepare the balls…

I have two concerns: if the new tank has a smaller footprint, but taller, then it seems unlikely you be able to add any new corals. You'll just be pruning. Are you cool with that? A garden eel? In a little square in the back corner? With anemones? How will that work? It sounds cool, but aren't they too iffy for aquariums? From what I recall, even dedicated species tanks are very challenging. Maybe you've found some info that supports this idea? Balls sore yet?

If the timeline was 1) new tank, 2) new house, then maybe you didn't anticipate having more room, for a bigger tank. It sounds like now you have a fish room! Or will it be a nursery? With your skills, imagine what you could do with a 120!

Don't hate me! We're twins, remember?

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote