View Single Post
Unread 11/13/2012, 10:42 AM   #16
JohnV8r
Registered Member

Tom,

Thanks for that.

I think based on all the feedback I have received the bigger issue here for me is the lack of precise control of alkalinity as a result of using kalkwasser in my ATO. Your experience with no RTN or burnt tips on SPS with an alkalinity of 8.9 - 9.6 leads me to believe that I may be able to achieve my goals by using a more traditional 2-part dosing regimen of alk, Ca, and Mg that would allow me to tighten up the alkalinity variations. That certainly would be the most cost effective next step.

Also, I may build a denitrator coil as that seems like a simple DIY project that I was unaware of until Jonathan's suggestion prompted me to Google it.

Thanks for your input.

Current Tank Info: 175g reef (48"L x 28"D x 30"H), 15g Refugium, 30g Sump w/ASM G3 (gate, mesh, & recirc mods), 10K GPH flow via 3 Tunze 7096 + return, ATO via Tunze Osmolater, 2x250W Radiums, GFO, Carbon, dosing vinegar/vodka, Alk, Ca, via 3 BRS dosers & Apex.
JohnV8r is offline   Reply With Quote