View Single Post
Unread 01/31/2016, 08:34 AM   #25
Schplitter
Registered Member

Looks like you will need a little of a spacer between the bulkhead and each T to raise the inlets a little. It looks right now as if they will hit the glass on the bottom of the overflow when the bulkheads are in the holes of the overflow.

One of those is your main with the valve on the pipe to control flow. This one can be just a straight pipe about half way up in the overflow box. No need to have he 90 pointed down. The 2nd should be a durso style as backup and a slow trickle 3-5" above the main so your are not creating a vortex and sucking in air . The 3rd is supposed to be a wide open emergency pipe. No need to have the 90 on the emergency pipe. Just straight up well above the water line. This will give you more space also for the holes also so they are not that close together.

I would also add some kind of grate or mesh just in case you get a snail or crab in there that crawls through your overflow teeth and decides to hang out in your overflow box.

Albert Einstein

Current Tank Info: 110 Gal Display, 125 Gal Custom Sump in basement fish room, 2- G3 XR30 Radion's + 2 48' Retrofit T5"s, Super Reef Octopus XP 2000 SSS Skimmer, 2 - Vortech MP-40, Panworld NH-200PS Return, 8x2' Frag tank, DIY refugium lighting, DIY frag tank lighting.

Last edited by Schplitter; 01/31/2016 at 08:42 AM.
Schplitter is offline   Reply With Quote